Hi, friends! I attended the 2022 Virtual CrossFit Health Conference in January. Shortly after, I shared snippets of information from Dr. Amy West's presentation in our MCF Newsletter! Recently, CrossFit shared a version of Amy's presentation which goes even more depth than the portions I was able to quote from her in the newsletter. This is a really inspiring and informative talk; so, I wanted to share her video here! If you've got questions about CrossFit and the science behind injury and incidence rates medical professionals are treating, it's a super interesting talk. Use this knowledge to educate yourself and share with others that have safety reservations (or maybe using that a an excuse) keeping them from starting CrossFit today.
Some things you can expect from this video:
- Principles of CrossFit - practice CROSSFIT, practice it fully not with inconsistency or leaving holes
- Injury rates
- Encouragement to trust the process and trust good coaching on the best way to move
- Assessing if it's a CrossFit methodology issue versus coaching, ego or external factors
- Scalability and functionality of CrossFit
- Special populations CrossFit serves
- Be aware of partnerships, organizational connections, and where content/information sharing is being filtered through
- CrossFit is safe
Check. It. Out.
Lesley Price, CF-L1